Product Launch - JAPAN: Suntory Holdings' Yamazaki 50 Year Old, 2011 bottling
Click below to see a bottle shot of the Yamazaki 50
Suntory Holdings' Yamazaki 50 Year Old, 2011 bottling
Category - spirits, whisky, Japan, single malt, 57% abv
Available – From this month, limited 150 bottles
Location – Japan, specialists spirits retailers and high-end restaurants
Price – RRP of JPY1m (US$12,840) per 70cl bottle
Distribution – Suntory Liquors Limited
This is the third time that Suntory has released a 50 year-old Yamazaki whisky. The two earlier releases, in 2005 and 2007, sold out immediately after release.
The latest Yamazaki 50 Year Old was aged in Japanese Mizunara oak casks.
Earlier this year, just-drinks sat down with David Gates, the global category director of whisk(e)y at Diageo, to talk about Johnnie Walker, Formula One, Scotch and the other whisk(e)y sub-categories....
Orangina Schweppes France CEO, Hugues Pietrini, has now taken on responsibility for the group's Belgian subsidiary....
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban