JAPAN: Suntory Holdings to launch Singapore subsidiary
Suntory Holdings sets up base in Singapore
Suntory Holdings is to launch a food and beverage subsidiary business in Singapore that will spearhead the group's expansion in the Asia-Pacific region.
Suntory said yesterday that Singapore-based Suntory Beverage and Food Asia Ltd will begin trading on 1 September. It said that the division will be responsible "for beverage and food business development in South East Asia".
The move is the latest statement of intent from Japanese drinks firms keen to expand beyong their sluggish domestic market. Today, Suntory's rival, Asahi, announced its fourth acquisition in six weeks in the Asia-Pacific region.
Hong Sik Park will be the CEO of Suntory Beverage and Food Asia, which is expected to drive Suntory's mergers and acquisitions strategy in the region. The division will have just 15 employees and capital of SGD10m (US$8.3m).
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture, CR Snow Breweries, could get a second chance to dig its claws into Kingway Brewery and mount a stronger challenge to Tsingtao in the country's Guangdong province....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015