UK/US: Suntory Holdings makes move for Orangina Schweppes
The owners of Orangina Schweppes Group have confirmed that they have received an offer for the company from Suntory Holdings.
In confirming the move yesterday (22 September), private equity groups Lion Capital and Blackstone declined to detail the offer amount. Sources close to the situation, however, have cited the transaction to be in the region of EUR2.6bn (US$3.8bn).
"Orangina Schweppes Group will now undertake the appropriate communication and consultation with relevant employee representatives", the companies said, adding that they would only make a decision on Suntory's bid once the necessary social, legal and regulatory steps will have been completed.
Orangina Schweppes is the number two player in the European still soft drinks market and the number three player in the European CSD market.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Coca-Cola France president Christian Polge has been elected head of French soft drinks trade body, the Syndicat National des Boissons Rafraîchissantes (SNBR)....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends