UK/US: Suntory Holdings makes move for Orangina Schweppes
The owners of Orangina Schweppes Group have confirmed that they have received an offer for the company from Suntory Holdings.
In confirming the move yesterday (22 September), private equity groups Lion Capital and Blackstone declined to detail the offer amount. Sources close to the situation, however, have cited the transaction to be in the region of EUR2.6bn (US$3.8bn).
"Orangina Schweppes Group will now undertake the appropriate communication and consultation with relevant employee representatives", the companies said, adding that they would only make a decision on Suntory's bid once the necessary social, legal and regulatory steps will have been completed.
Orangina Schweppes is the number two player in the European still soft drinks market and the number three player in the European CSD market.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Coca-Cola France president Christian Polge has been elected head of French soft drinks trade body, the Syndicat National des Boissons Rafraîchissantes (SNBR)....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites