JAPAN: Suntory Holdings in talks to buy Orangina - report
Japan's Suntory Holdings is in talks to acquire the Orangina drinks brand from private equity groups Lion Capital and Blackstone, according to reports.
Suntory may pay more than US$2.6bn to acquire Orangina, the Wall Street Journal reported earlier today, citing sources familiar with the matter.
Suntory could not be reached to comment on the matter.
Blackstone and Lion Capital acquired Orangina following a deal to buy the European beverages arm of Cadbury Schweppes in 2005 for EUR1.85bn (US$2.17bn).
Analysts said at the time that the private equity firms would likely not keep the business for the long-term and may work on an exit strategy of around five years.
Suntory is already in merger talks with Japanese rival Kirin Holdings.
Coca-Cola France president Christian Polge has been elected head of French soft drinks trade body, the Syndicat National des Boissons Rafraîchissantes (SNBR)....
Kirin Holdings has blamed unfavourable currency rates and a weakened Japanese economy for a fall in sales and profits in 2009....
Japanese drinks group Kirin Holdings has appointed a new president and CEO as it looks to push on with plans to drive earnings, despite a breakdown in merger talks with Suntory....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends