JAPAN: Suntory forecasts 7% rise for 2002 beer sales.
Japanese brewer Suntory Ltd, the smallest of Japan's four major brewing groups, has forecast 2002 sales of beer and low-malt happoshu to rise by 7% to 58m cases. If met, this will give Suntory an estimated 9.6% market share.
The fourth-largest brewer in Japan, Suntory also said it sold 54m cases of beer and happoshu last year, a fall of 6% year-on-year.
Asahi Breweries Ltd holds the top market share for beer and happoshi with a 38.9% share while Kirin, previously the markert leader, has dropped to second place with 35.9% share.
According to Reuters, Sapporo Breweries Ltd is expected to claim the number-three position when it announces its sales figures and estimates on Friday.
For sales of chuhai - a fruit-flavoured cocktail made from soda water and a traditional Japanese vodka-like spirit - Suntory said it intends to remain the market leader with shipments of 250,000 kl in 2002.
Kirin was reported on Wednesday saying wants to become the top seller of chuhai by the end of the year. Kirin estimates it will ship 150,000 kl by the end of 2001.
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
Sapporo Breweries has raised its sales targets for its low-alcoholic fruit drink brand "Fruit Sparkling"....
Suntory International Corp. is to release three types of shochu in the US....
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Blavod Extreme Spirits has agreed to form a joint venture company with Suntory International Corp, the US subsidiary of Suntory Limited. ...
Sapporo Holdings Ltd has reported a consolidated pretax loss for the half ended in June....
Suntory Ltd is to suspend sales of its Bubbleman Soda Jet soft drink....
The Japanese brewer, Sapporo Breweries Ltd., is to launch a new range of low-alcohol drinks in the autumn under the brand name, Fruit Sparking....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research