JAPAN: Suntory Food & Beverage breaks up international arm
Suntory Beverage & Food bought Lucozade and Ribena last year
Suntory's Beverage & Food unit is to dissolve its international division as part of an shake-up that follows the creation of a European arm.
The Japanese snacks and soft drinks maker, which bought Ribena and Lucozade from GlaxoSmithKline last year, said on Friday (14 February) its international division, based in Japan, will become part of the company's corporate planning division. The company said the changes will strengthen its managerial structure.
Meanwhile, Suntory Beverage & Food confirmed that its Ribena and Lucozade unit, and Orangina Schweppes Group, will be integrated underneath Suntory Beverage & Food Europe.
The changes are effective from 1 April, the company said.
Last month, Stanislas de Gramont was appointed head of Suntory Beverage & Food Europe. The division began trading on 20 January and was created in the wake of Suntory's Ribena and Lucozade purchase.
As part of the changes, Suntory Beverage & Food president Nobuhiro Torii will relinquish his roles as GM of the international division and interim head of Orangina Schweppes Group.
Torii has headed up Orangina Schweppes since August following the sudden departure of Jacques Steffens, who had assumed the role in March. It is not immediately clear who will take over Orangina Schweppes in April.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research