JAPAN: Suntory eyes South-East Asia for coffee RTDs
Japanese drinks group Suntory is reportedly planning to sell a range of coffee RTDs in Singapore and Malaysia.
Suntory, which is Japan's fourth-biggest brewer but also has interests in distilling and soft drinks, is looking to sell its Boss brand of canned coffee in South-East Asia.
On Saturday (20 January), Japanese financial newspaper the Nikkei Report said Suntory is looking to tie up a production and distribution deals for Boss with local firms.
Suntory is looking to achieve sales of JPY10bn (US$82.2m) in South-East Asia, the report added.
Suntory, alongside its brewing counterparts in Japan, is looking to growth overseas to offset stagnant domestic beer consumption. Last year, the company bought brewing assets in China from Foster's Group for an undisclosed sum. In October, the company said it would start selling a range of Japanese whiskies in Russia.
Miller Brewing Company has announced that its Hispanic agency of record for its Miller Lite brand will be Lopez Negrete....
Japanese brewers Sapporo, Asahi, Kirin, Suntory and Orion have shown a second straight month of year-on-year decreases in beer shipments, according to reports....
Australian drinks combine Foster's Group has announced that Ian Johnston is to join its board of directors as an independent director, with effect from 1 September 2007....
Foster's Group has confirmed that it will reduce the alcohol level of its Victoria Bitter beer in Australia. The drinks company told just-drinks today (4 July) that the iconic brand - which accounts f...
Diageo has reaffirmed its full-year guidance in its latest trading update....
Foster's Group is closing the brewery at its Western Australia facility....
Foster's Group has voiced its objections to a tax demand from the Australian authorities....
Foster's Group and Miller Brewing Company plan to enter into a ten-year license-brewing partnership for Foster's in the US....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research