Suntory Europe chief de Gramont assumes UNESDA presidency
Unesda is an umbrella trade body for the soft drinks industry
The Union of European Soft Drinks Associations (UNESDA) has announced the appointment of Stanislas de Gramont as its next president.
The umbrella trade body said late yesterday that de Gramont, who is CEO of Suntory Beverage & Food Europe, was elected to take up the two-year tenure at UNESDA's board meeting in Ljubljana last week. He replaces Hubert Patricot of Coca-Cola Enterprises who served from May 2014-2016.
Having joined Suntory in early-2014, de Gramont heads up the Japanese firm's European unit, based in London.
Consumers interest in protein prompting innovation beyond shakes and smoothies – Click here for a just-drinks NPD round-up
"I take over as president at a time of fast-moving challenges facing our sector," said de Gramont. "We are the only sector that has made significant improvement in removing sugar and calories from its products. Our far-reaching efforts in calorie reduction and promotion of no- and low-sugar varieties are a good answer to our consumer needs."
Based out of Brussels, UNESDA comprises ten corporate members, including The Coca-Cola Co, PepsiCo and Red Bull, and 22 national trade associations.
Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
Adult soft drinks appeal to both alcohol drinkers and traditional soft drink consumers....read more
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research