JAPAN: Suntory beverage unit gets approval for Tokyo listing
Suntory's food and beverage unit will list on the TSE in July
Suntory Holdings' soft drinks and food unit has won approval to list on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE), a move expected to see the company raise around JYN476bn (US$4.7bn).
The Osaka-based group, which also has a liquor unit producing beer and spirits, plans to use the initial public offering (IPO) proceeds to pay back bank debts for past acquisitions and make strategic investments at home and abroad, according to Reuters.
Suntory acquired Orangina Schweppes for EUR2.6bn in 2009 and New Zealand beverage maker Funcor Group later the same year.
The Japanese firm issued a statement on its website today noting the news reports around its IPO, but said the "contents of the article are not based on any announcements from Suntory Group".
Suntory Holdings aims to reinforce its core business, carry out internal synergies in the Suntory Group, and develop new businesses. In order to achieve this, the company targets further cultivation o...
Suntory Holdings Ltd aims to reinforce its position by strengthening its marketing and promotional campaigns that can offer new value and new ways for consumers to enjoy alcoholic drinks, and also by ...
Twinings entered into a sales and distribution partnership with Suntory Narang in the second half of 2012 to accelerate growth of its premium brands in the country. Under the agreement, the Twinings I...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Japan beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ana...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages