JAPAN: Suntory applies for beverage unit listing - report
Suntory is expected to list its food and beverage business
Suntory Holdings has formally moved to have its beverage & food unit publicly listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, according to local reports.
The group will use the money raised, expected to be around JYN500bn (US$5.03bn), to acquire businesses in emerging markets, sources told Jiji Press. Rumours of the listing plans surfaced last year, but Suntory said at the time nothing was confirmed.
The group’s beverage and food unit is expected to gain a listing in the summer, it was reported.
Suntory has yet to respond to an emailed request for comment from just-drinks.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages