UK: Sunny D puts faith in innovation
Sunny Delight Beverages Company (SDBC) is to introduce a range of fruit based drinks for the chiller cabinet. The first, aimed at children, is a 100% pure juice featuring added vitamins and omega-3 with no artificial flavours, colourings, or preservatives.
This new portfolio is what SDBC describes as the "reinvention" of the Sunny D brand. "Our future lies clearly with innovation," said Paul Nichols, commercial manager.
The company has set up its own Parents Advisory Group. In response to the group's feedback, sugar content has been reduced by 25% and new labelling offers nutritional guidelines.
A GBP5m investment in consumer and trade marketing supports the launch.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages