US: Sunkist puts twist on ‘Take a Stand’ promo
Sunkist Growers has added a twist to its annual Sunkist Take a Stand programme by encouraging kids in the US to raise money for charity by creating their own lemonade stand.
In its sixth year, the programme is designed to encourage young people to "give back to their community" by donating their earnings from a lemonade sale, the company said today (14 July).
By posting their designs on Sunkist's Facebook page, children can enter with a chance to win cash prizes.
"Take a Stand introduces kids to the world of philanthropy and what it means to give back," said Claire Smith, director of corporate communications for Sunkist Growers. "This year, we are encouraging kids to be even more involved and creative by decorating their stands to suit their charities and their personalities."
Sunkist is encouraging children to recycle by repurposing boxes and materials from home for their stands.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018