US: Sunkist Growers CEO calls it a day
The CEO of Sunkist Growers has resigned. Jeff Gargiulo, who is also the company's president, said yesterday (19 January) that he will not renew his contract and will stand down in June.
"Sunkist is a great organisation with a fabulous brand name and history, and the last two years have been particularly good for our growers," Gargiulo said. "I am looking forward to new opportunities both in the wine and produce businesses."
Gargiulo, who joined Sunkist as president and CEO in 2001, also owns Gargiulo Vineyards in Napa, California.
"Jeff's leadership created a focus and energy on aligning Sunkist growers and packers with the changing demands of the marketplace - from the end consumer to key retail and foodservice customers," said David Krause, who chairs the Sunkist board of directors.
Sunkist added that it would now begin a search for a new CEO.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends