US: Sunkist, 7 UP in move to encourage voters
Sunkist Orange Soda, 7 UP and 7-Eleven, Inc. have teamed up with Rock the Vote to encourage 20m young people to vote in November's presidential election.
The nation's leading non-profit, non-partisan youth voter organisation and Sunkist Soda plan to distribute at least 1m voter registration forms in both English and Spanish via voter registration kiosks placed in participating 7-Eleven stores across the country. They will also encourage 7-Eleven customers to sign Rock the Vote pledge cards reflecting a commitment to vote on 2 November.
The partnership will include public service announcements and in-store signage that drive customers to the Rock the Vote kiosk, located within participating 7-Eleven stores. An in-store coupon at the kiosk will offer savings on Sunkist, 7 UP and Super Big Gulp drinks. In addition, Super Big Gulp cups will spotlight recording artists slated to perform on the 2004 Rock the Vote bus tour, including Maroon 5, the Black Eyed Peas and Joss Stone.
In a statement, Jehmu Greene, president of Rock the Vote, said: "We intend to register at least 1m new voters this year and motivate 20m young Americans to go to the voting booth, and this wide-ranging partnership with Sunkist Soda, 7 UP and 7-Eleven will go a long way toward achieving that goal."
"We realised we had a landmark opportunity to empower consumers with a retail partner program, and 7-Eleven was the right retailer," said Tony Jacobs, vice president Sunkist Soda. "It's a great destination to house Rock the Vote information, and it's heavily frequented by two customer segments less likely to be registered to vote: 18-22 year-olds and Hispanics. We're proud to work with Rock the Vote on this important initiative."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets