RUSSIA: SUN Interbrew to launch Tennent's
SUN Interbrew is to launch Scottish beer brand Tennent's in Russia.
A spokesman for Russia's second-largest brewer confirmed to just-drinks today (3 July) that it would roll out Tennent's into 300 outlets in the country's major cities, with half of them in Moscow.
Local reports said that SUN Interbrew was launching Tennent's due to the popularity of British and Irish-style pubs in Russia and because of a lack of British beer brand in the country. The spokesman declined to comment.
Belgian brewing giant InBev owns SUN Interbrew, which has been busy expanding its manufacturing footprint in Russia and the Ukraine in recent months.
As managing director of SABMiller's European division. Alan Clark has a diverse group of markets in his charge, including Russia, Italy, the Canary Islands and Romania. In the second part of this mont...
This month's just-drinks interview is a double-header, featuring two prominent executives from major international brewing groups operating in Europe. First, Olly Wehring discusses the challenges faci...
SABMiller has made up ground on its rival Anheuser-Busch in the developing Chinese beer market over the past two years. But, writes Dean Best, both companies will have to take the long-term view as th...
InBev is to end its long-running sponsorship of film programming on UK television station Channel 4....
InBev has reportedly finalised the sale of German brewer Dinkelacker-Schwaben Bräu....
InBev is outsourcing its business and application services in Central and Eastern Europe....
Isbre Holding Corp. has secured distribution for its namesake spring water in the US state of Delaware....
Carlsberg has finally signalled its entry into India after months of speculation surrounding the brewer's ambitions for the fast-growing beer market....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends