RUSSIA: Sun Interbrew sells Bavaria brewery
Sun Interbrew has sold 99% of Bavaria to the brewery's management. Financial details about the sale of the St Petersburg-based brewery were not disclosed.
Speaking to Dow Jones, Alexei Krivoshapko, analyst at investment bank United Financial Group, said that the sale was a good move on Sun Interbrew's part. "Bavaria is a brewery with no national brands, with a small share on the local market in the cheap beer segment and old equipment - so it was not very valuable," he told the news agency.
Bavaria will continue to produce some of Sun Interbrew's brands under license as well as its own brand Bavaria.
In a comment to Dow Jones, Sun Interbrew's chief executive Joseph Strella said that the sale of Bavaria did not signal a change in its strategy of increasing production capacity. "We keep an eye on all acquisition opportunities. If an acquisition looks attractive and the place is right, we will make a decision," Strella said.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Bavaria has authorised a five-year syndicated loan of up to US$250m....
The Corporación Financiera Internacional (IFC), an investment arm of the World Bank, has acquired a stake in Empresarial Bavaria....
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
AmBev Peru is to launch a new beer in the market that will bring competition to a market so far dominated by the monopoly of Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston SAA, or Backus....
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future