RUSSIA: SUN Interbrew reports soaring H1 profits
Russia's second-largest brewer SUN Interbrew has posted a staggering 182% leap in first-half profits.
The brewer said yesterday (13 September) that net profit for the six months to 30 June had leapt to EUR49m (US$62.4m) from EUR17.4m a year earlier. Net sales rose 33.4% to EUR528.2m.
SUN Interbrew outpaced the growth of the Russian and Ukrainian beer markets during the first half and said it had ended the period with a record market share in both countries.
The InBev arm holds an 18.6% share of the Russian market and a 36.8% share of the Ukrainian beer market.
"We believe that with the continued strong innovations introduced on the markets, such as the launch of Stella Artois and Beck's in aluminium bottles this spring, we will be able to outperform the competitors and expand our share in both countries during 2006," the company said.
This month’s just-drinks interview is a double-header, featuring two prominent executives from major international brewing groups operating in Europe. First, Olly Wehring discusses the challenges faci...
AmBev has again extended the period of its offer to buy the remaining shares in Argentina-based brewer Quinsa....
Rising sales in Latin America and Eastern Europe have driven a robust performance at InBev, the world's largest brewer by volume, in 2006....
AmBev has extended the period of its offer to buy the remaining shares in Argentina-based brewer Quinsa....
Canadian beer maker Brick Brewing Co. is to play on its status as a domestically owned brewer when it unveils its latest marketing campaign....
Anheuser-Busch and InBev are in preliminary merger talks, according to a Brazilian newspaper report. Valor Economico claimed today (15 February) that the two global brewers have begun talks about a po...
Efes Breweries International has posted a 31% leap in sales volumes for the year to 31 December....
Chinese beer maker Kingway Brewery said today (14 February) that its CNY400m (US$51.5m) plant in the city of Foshan will be up and running early next year....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets