RUSSIA: SUN Interbrew Q2 and H1 figures soar
SUN Interbrew has posted its financial results for the second quarter and first half to 30 June.
Net sales in the second quarter increased by 47.8% versus the second quarter 2003 to €215.7m, while first half 2004 net sales rose by 52.5% against the first half 2003, reaching €349.4m.
Net income comprised €21.8m in the second quarter, 88.7% higher than in the same period last year, which represents the highest result in the history of the company. Over the first half of the year, net income was €20.0m, an increase of €15.5m versus the first half 2003.
EBITDA increased by €14.3m or 37.9% in Q2 versus the same period in 2003 and reached €51.9m. Excluding the negative currency impact, organic second quarter EBITDA was €54.0m. EBITDA for the first half 2004 was €69.1m, or 52.8% higher than in the first half 2003.
In a statement, SUN Interbrew said: "We continue to successfully implement our growth strategy based on the following key drivers: highly efficient distribution, focus on higher margin brands, operational excellence, brand and packaging innovations. All these factors made significant contributions to the strong performance in the second quarter and over the first half 2004."
"By implementing the strategy aimed at constantly growing volumes, whilst at the same time controlling costs in order to support our margin development, we expect the strong performance to continue in 2004," the company concluded.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages