RUSSIA: SUN Interbrew expands PET stable
Russia's second-largest brewer SUN Interbrew is looking to strengthen its presence in the PET segment with the launch of two brand in five-litre containers.
The brewer said today (22 September) that its Tolstyak and BagBier brands would be on sale in the five-litre PET bottles later this month.
Tolstyak and BagBier hold a combined 6% share of Russia's off-trade PET segment, in which SUN Interbrew is category leader.
The brewer said that extensive market research had "vindicated" the launch, adding that it was "the first time that beer is being filled into such big containers".
The fact that bad news travels faster than good, and is certainly more likely to make the headlines, is not lost on UK soft drinks companies, so it is somewhat surprising that the British Soft Drinks ...
Since their introduction 30 years ago, the use of PET bottles has expanded hugely in the soft drinks market, writes Richard Corbett of industry analysts Canadean. But challenges remain, not least boos...
Coca-Cola Içecek has rebranded one of its HOD waters....
US soft drinks group Fuze Beverage has updated the look of its bottles for its domestic market....
Coca-Cola North America has added two additions to its Minute Maid offering in the US....
Innocent is investing GBP1m (US$1.9m) in rebranding its Juicy Water drink as This Water....
AG Barr has announced it will relaunch its Tizer soft drink brand in the UK this Spring....
Efes Breweries International has posted a 31% leap in sales volumes for the year to 31 December....
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban