RUSSIA: SUN InBev to raise US$692m in share sale - report
Sun InBev is Russia's third-biggest brewer
Sun InBev, the Russian subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, is to raise up to RUB22bn (US$692.3m) in a private share sale, according to local reports.
Part of the money will be used to repay debts over the acquisition of three Ukrainian breweries in the early 2000s, RBC Daily said today (16 November). SUN InBev could not be reached for comment, or to confirm the report.
SUN InBev is the third-biggest brewer in Russia with about 15% of the market. A-B InBev said in its YTD results earlier this month it has lost market share in Russia, and in August the company announced the closure of a brewery in Kursk.
An analyst recently told just-drinks A-B InBev should cash in on the US$4bn-valued Russian subsidiary because it is “losing critical mass” and takes up too much management time.
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research