PORTUGAL: Sumolis results up, soft drinks down
Sales for the first nine months of 2003 rose by 1.3% year-on year, to give the company a net profit of €1.4m (US$1.6m). A healthy increase in beer sales of 16.6% was offset by a fall in soft drinks sales of 1%. The sales of fruit juices also fell by 16.5%.
Turnover for Sumolis totalled €133.9m. The group forecasts turnover for the year to reach €170m.
The company plans to finalise its restructuring, with separate units taking full control of the group's different activities, during the second half of 2003.
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- 'Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery'