UK: Summer push planned for Schweppes
The Schweppes brand is to be the subject of a multi-million pound marketing campaign and new products programme, scheduled to begin this summer, Coca-Cola GB has announced.
Coca-Cola said the push for the brand will be the biggest through-the-line investment the brand has seen since it was acquired by Coke in 1999.
"Schweppes is a fantastic brand and this year sees Coca-Cola GB put a huge investment behind it, our biggest since we acquired the brand seven years ago" said Cathryn Sleight, marketing director, Coca-Cola GB.
Two new flavours - pomegranate and juniper - are to be added to the Schweppes tonic range, while there will also be innovations in packaging, with the introduction in the off-trade of a 1-litre Schweppes Tonic bottle with new graphics. The new litre bottle also features a specially designed cap which doubles as a spirit measure.
In August, a 1-litre bottle will be introduced for the brand's Russchian aromatic mixer for the off-trade, with a 200ml bottle also being introduced in the on-trade. This summer will also see the launch of a limited edition seasonal lemonade called Schweppes' Summer Punch Lemonade, targeted at the adult soft drinks market.
Sleight added: "It is our aim in 2006 to consolidate Schweppes' mixers sector leadership and at the same time broaden its presence in everyday adult refreshment."
A new Schweppes TV and cinema advertising campaign also launches this summer. The ads will feature the brand's familiar strapline 'Sch…You Know How'.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015