INDIA: Sula brings Asahi Super Dry to India
Sula Selections, the import arm of Sula Vineyards, has launched Asahi Super Dry beer in the Indian market.
As exclusive importer for Asahi, Sula said today (30 November) that it hopes to exploit the rapid growth experienced in the high-end imported beer market in India.
"Given the recent liberalisation in alcobev retailing laws which now allow wine and beer to be sold in supermarkets, it was a natural move for Sula to add one of the world's best-known beers to its portfolio, significantly for a company that until now was selling only wine," Sula said.
The Indian company also said that it plans "to broaden its portfolio to include more non-wine premium alcoholic beverages, such as single malts, luxury vodka and Cognac".
The Master Kong brand has outperformed domestic and international competitors alike in the Chinese RTD tea category and is also diversifying into new beverage sectors, extending an already multi-facet...
InBev has confirmed the pending arrival of three of its beer brands in the Japanese market....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has secured the intellectual property rights for the Blackwood's gin and vodka brands....
Asahi Breweries will combine its production systems with those of subsidiary Nikka Whisky Distilling Co to centrally manage ingredient inventories at their 16 breweries and distilling facilities, acco...
Russian vodka producer Synergy reported a 30% rise in 2007 net profit as a result of key acquisitions and good revenue growth....
Beer shipment by Japan's five largest brewers fell 11.3% to a combined 245,666 kilolitres in April from a year earlier, due to price hikes by brewery giant Asahi....
Japanese beer maker Asahi Breweries has announced it is to issue JPY70bn (US$675m) of convertible bonds, with some of the funds raised to be used to buy back shares....
Russian Standard Vodka has launched into the Greek market through a partnership with WS Karoulias, a Greek spirits distributor....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends