CANADA: Strongbow enters Canadian market in Sleeman tie-up
Ontario-based, Sleeman Breweries has announced that it has reached an agreement with H.P. Bulmer Ltd. of the UK, to handle sales and marketing for its Strongbow premium packaged and draught ciders in Canada.
Bulmer's ciders became available in liquor stores in Ontario, British Columbia and some outlets in Alberta from October 27th, with hopes to sell it in other parts of the country in the near future.
Peter Amirault, spokesperson for Sleeman Breweries said that the decision made sense because selling cider would not threaten sales of the Sleeman beer brand.
"It was a chance to sell a compliment to beer and not a competitor to beer even though they are sold alongside each other."
"We are delighted to have the opportunity to build on the success of Strongbow, which is already well-known in eastern Canada," said John Sleeman, Chairman and CEO of Sleeman Breweries Ltd.
H.P. Bulmer is a leading international manufacturer of cider, with plants in Britain, the United States, Australia, Belgium and New Zealand, as well as joint ventures in China and South Africa.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends