BRAZIL: Strong Q2 profit growth predicted for AmBev
An average of six analysts' forecasts puts AmBev's second quarter net profit at R$190.7m ($61.5m) though estimates ranged from R$151.6m to R$212.5m. The forecasts are all well ahead of the R$127.5m which the company recorded in the second quarter of 2001.
Analysts are predicting that the brewer may still reap benefits from the merger in 2000 Brazil's two leading drinks companies, Companhia Cervejaria Brahma and Companhia Antarctica Paulista, but margins are expected to suffer after the 17.5% Brazilian currency depreciation which has raised costs of materials. The exact estimation of the impact of the currency devaluation varied as analysts are divided as to whether AmBev has hedged its currency position.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The investment bank, Merrill Lynch, has warned that a takeover of the Brazilian brewer Kaiser by a large international group could lead to some profit-taking in the shares of the market leader AmBev, ...
InBev UK is launching its first advertising campaign for Brazilian premium lager Brahma in September as part of a GBP5m support package behind the brand this year....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a 92% year-on-year leap in EBITDA for the second quarter of this year....
AmBev's Peruvian unit has launched a new bottle in the country....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas or AmBev has been boosted by a strong recovery of its Brazilian beer unit and reported a 11% jump in second quarter beer volumes....
AmBev shareholders in Brazil are to vote on merging with InBev Holding Brasil....
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research