FRANCE: Strong growth in vodka continues
Vodka sales in France have outstripped other white spirits in the last year, according to the latest industry figures.
Data from the Fédération Française des Spiritueux (FFS) has shown that vodka sales in supermarkets and hypermarkets leapt 16.6% in volume and 15.3% in value in the past 12 months.
"This is in keeping with the double-digit growth posted over the past two to three years," a spokesman for the FFS told just-drinks. "The fact that vodka remains a very small segment of the market as a whole means there is every prospect the high-growth trend will continue."
The spokesman said the increasing popularity of vodka in France is driven by demand for cocktails. He added: "The significance of the figures from the hypermarkets and supermarkets is that vodka is emerging as a drink for home consumption."
Global sales of French spirits were flat over the 12 months to September, rising by 1.5% in volume and 1.7% in value.
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Constellation Brands has posted an increase in full-year earnings as rising wine sales in North America and a first contribution from its Vincor International business offset challenges in the UK. The...
Yet another premium Tequila is set to hit the US after Admiral Imports secured a deal to distribute Voodoo Tiki Tequila....
CL World Brands have quashed reports in India that the company is in talks over a possible joint venture with local firm John Distillers (JDL)....
Diageo has launched flagship rum brand Captain Morgan in India....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
V&S Group is set to beef up its distribution network in the Nordic region with the acquisition of Norwegian wine and spirits distributor Amundsen....
Heaven Hill Distilleries is to expand another of its facilities in the US....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research