SWEDEN: Strong beer gives fizz to Systembolaget
Swedish state-run alcohol retail monopoly Systembolaget saw sales rise over 5% last year, the company has said.
Late last week, Systembolaget said sales, measured in pure alcohol, rose 5.5% in 2006 to 38.4m litres. A surge in strong beer sales buoyed the overall figures, with sales up 9.3% to 195.7m litres. Wine sales rose 5.2% to 150.2m litres.
Spirits sales, however, were flat, inching up 0.4% to 18.9m litres.
This week's announcement by UK legislators of the latest plan to tackle alcohol abuse in England is the clearest sign yet that the government is ready to tackle the problem head-on, regardless of the ...
The European Agriculture Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel has unveiled the detailed plans for reform of the European wine sector, following a year of consultation. As expected, there has been some wa...
Lower alcohol beverages (LABs) are a growing segment of the drinks market as consumer and government concern over alcohol consumption continues to mount. A new paper from the International Center for ...
Diageo North America has announced the appointment of Maggie Lapcewich as president, national accounts, succeeding Tex McCarthy who is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities....
A key alcohol labelling bill has won the bipartisan approval of the California State Senate Governmental Organization Committee....
SABMiller has confirmed its interest in potential acquisitions with Colombian spirit companies....
Budejovicky Budvar has sold 11% more beer in H1 than last year, according to reports....
The European Commission's compromise deal over a small 4.5% rise in minimum excise duty rates for alcohol across the European Union (EU) looks in trouble after the European Parliament's plenary today ...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends