POLAND: Strike threat at state-run distiller
Workers at Polish state-run distiller Polmos Bielsko-Biala (PBB) are protesting against the dismissal of company president Jozef Kapela, local reports said today (17 January).
Kapela was reported to have been sacked by the Polish treasury and the company's employees have petitioned Polish Prime Minister Kazimierz Marcinkiewicz over the dismissal.
Marek Godziszka, the employees' representative on PBB's supervisory board, told the PAP press agency that neither he nor Kapela had been informed about the reasons for the dismissal. He added that workers may even go on strike in support of the former president.
"We are among the best of the Polmoses that have not yet been privatised. Our condition is good and stable. We are generating profits. People have jobs and are paid regularly," he said.
PBB produces a range of vodkas including Extra Zytnia Vodka and Advocaat.
PAP Market Insider is the new English-language economic service covering equity & financial markets, macroeconomic and policy issues and key company news, published by the Polish Press Agency PAP.
With Poland's largest financial service in support (PAP Serwis Ekonomiczny) and with its own team of journalists and editors, PAP Market Insider aims to be both the most comprehensive source of news and reference on Polish markets for foreign readers and the top location for exclusive, market-moving news.
For more information, click here.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020