DENMARK: Strike sees Carlsberg run out of beer
Carlsberg has confirmed to just-drinks that it has run out of draught beer and soft drinks for its home market of Denmark due to a week-long strike at its production facility in Fredericia.
Industrial action at the site, located in the Jutland region of Denmark, broke out on Wednesday last week, with members of the 3F trade union objecting to a non-union employee working at the plant. A hearing at the industrial relations conciliation service was held earlier today (22 August), and the 130 union members who have walked out have been instructed to return to work.
A further meeting is scheduled to take place early tomorrow morning.
Speaking to just-drinks today (22 August), a spokesperson for Carlsberg's Denmark operations said: "This dispute is nothing to do with us. We are not allowed to intervene."
In the meantime, the facility no longer has supplies of beer and soft drinks. Fredericia is the only production facility that Carlsberg has in Denmark.
"We are looking to import supplies from other countries," the spokesperson said.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' management briefing for January, Euromonitor takes a look at what the year ahead has in store for the global brewing industry....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report