DENMARK: Strike sees Carlsberg run out of beer
Carlsberg has confirmed to just-drinks that it has run out of draught beer and soft drinks for its home market of Denmark due to a week-long strike at its production facility in Fredericia.
Industrial action at the site, located in the Jutland region of Denmark, broke out on Wednesday last week, with members of the 3F trade union objecting to a non-union employee working at the plant. A hearing at the industrial relations conciliation service was held earlier today (22 August), and the 130 union members who have walked out have been instructed to return to work.
A further meeting is scheduled to take place early tomorrow morning.
Speaking to just-drinks today (22 August), a spokesperson for Carlsberg's Denmark operations said: "This dispute is nothing to do with us. We are not allowed to intervene."
In the meantime, the facility no longer has supplies of beer and soft drinks. Fredericia is the only production facility that Carlsberg has in Denmark.
"We are looking to import supplies from other countries," the spokesperson said.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' management briefing for January, Euromonitor takes a look at what the year ahead has in store for the global brewing industry....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research