USA: Street Event Signals Trading Of AmBev's ADRs On New York Stock Exchange
AmBev - American Beverage Company, the fifth largest beverage company and the fourth largest beer company in the world, will begin trading its ADRs (American Depositary Receipts) on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) starting Friday, Sept. 15. The papers will replace Brahma's ADRs (NYSE: BRH), which have been traded on the NYSE since June 1997. There are currently 5.63 billion shares -- 79.4% of Brahma's total capital stock -- on the market, of which 1.8 billion are traded in the United States as ADRs.Marcel Telles, co-chairman of AmBev's board of directors, and Felipe Dutra, CFO and Investor Relations director, will be in New York on Friday for the event. Telles will participate in NYSE-sponsored ceremonies marking the occasion. Among other events, he will ring the bell at the closing of Friday's trading. Top Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen and Peter Thompson, chairman of Pepsi-Cola International, also will be present during the closing bell ceremony.AmBev will have a stage, decorated as a tropical forest, complete with natural plants, in front of the New York Stock Exchange building on Wall Street. Beginning at 9 a.m., pedestrians will receive cans of Guarana Antarctica, which the company plans to market internationally. This authentic Brazilian soft drink, which originates in the Amazon rainforest, will be distributed to 175 countries through an agreement with Pepsi-Cola International. AmBev will distribute 6,000 cans of Guarana Antarctica on Wall Street.On Friday, Sept. 15, Marcel Telles and Felipe Dutra will be holding a press conference from 2 to 3 p.m. at the New York Stock Exchange (Room 629). More information and photos of the event will be available from PR Newswire (http://www.prnewswire.com).Contacts and RSVP for press conference (prior to event):AmBev Corporate Communications AdvisersSandra Muraki (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets