UK: Strathmore sales up 21%
Partly thanks to the hot weather, the brand experienced its best two months ever in June and July this year.
"This step change in performance has come after the re-launch of Strathmore last year when the whole brand was re-designed and a full range review was conducted, including several new product lines. This mix of new designs and product development has driven growth right across the Strathmore range and in all channels of distribution," Owner Matthew Clarke said in a statement.
Strathmore managing director Keith McIlwain said: "It is fantastic that the re-launch was so well received and that we now have a very strong portfolio performing well in every sector and in every market. "What is particularly pleasing for us and our customers is that much of this growth in being driven by increasing the rate of sale and hence with increased distribution the potential exists to do even better."
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research