AUS: Stolen Rum links-up with Beam Inc for Australia push
Fledgling New Zealand spirits group Stolen Rum is upping its focus on Australia after signing a distribution deal with Beam Inc.
The Auckland-based company, launched in 2010, has inked a deal with Beam's Australian unit, which has a route-to-market distribution agreement with Coca-Cola Amatil, it announced yesterday (30 September). Stolen Rum's portfolio was previously distributed in Australia by Vanguard Luxury Brands under a “short-term” agreement.
Stolen Spiced, the company's premium spiced rum, will “lead the charge” in Australia, it said.
“Lots of NZ and Aussie drinkers have so far responded really positively to Stolen Rum, and this has given us a sense of confidence with our growth and innovation plans,” said Stolen's co-founder & CEO Jamie Duff.
The company has seen a 178% rise in case sales in 2012 year-on-year and is forecasting 208% growth in 2013. Volume figures were not given.
Steve Inch, Beam Oceania's MD said: “Adding a premium rum brand to our portfolio is a strategic move for Beam and for our strong partnership with CCA.”
All three Stolen Rum products are currently available for a RRP of AUD42.99 (US$40).
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
In the first of a new “on-trend” series, just-drinks dives a little deeper than usual into this trend-in-flux. In this mini-report, we look at recent vodka flavour consumption volume, focusing on the ...
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future