AUS: Stolen Rum links-up with Beam Inc for Australia push
Fledgling New Zealand spirits group Stolen Rum is upping its focus on Australia after signing a distribution deal with Beam Inc.
The Auckland-based company, launched in 2010, has inked a deal with Beam's Australian unit, which has a route-to-market distribution agreement with Coca-Cola Amatil, it announced yesterday (30 September). Stolen Rum's portfolio was previously distributed in Australia by Vanguard Luxury Brands under a “short-term” agreement.
Stolen Spiced, the company's premium spiced rum, will “lead the charge” in Australia, it said.
“Lots of NZ and Aussie drinkers have so far responded really positively to Stolen Rum, and this has given us a sense of confidence with our growth and innovation plans,” said Stolen's co-founder & CEO Jamie Duff.
The company has seen a 178% rise in case sales in 2012 year-on-year and is forecasting 208% growth in 2013. Volume figures were not given.
Steve Inch, Beam Oceania's MD said: “Adding a premium rum brand to our portfolio is a strategic move for Beam and for our strong partnership with CCA.”
All three Stolen Rum products are currently available for a RRP of AUD42.99 (US$40).
In the first of a new “on-trend” series, just-drinks dives a little deeper than usual into this trend-in-flux. In this mini-report, we look at recent vodka flavour consumption volume, focusing on the ...
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
Business Monitor International's Australia Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory...
Business Monitor International's Indonesia Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research