AUS: Stolen Rum links-up with Beam Inc for Australia push
Fledgling New Zealand spirits group Stolen Rum is upping its focus on Australia after signing a distribution deal with Beam Inc.
The Auckland-based company, launched in 2010, has inked a deal with Beam's Australian unit, which has a route-to-market distribution agreement with Coca-Cola Amatil, it announced yesterday (30 September). Stolen Rum's portfolio was previously distributed in Australia by Vanguard Luxury Brands under a “short-term” agreement.
Stolen Spiced, the company's premium spiced rum, will “lead the charge” in Australia, it said.
“Lots of NZ and Aussie drinkers have so far responded really positively to Stolen Rum, and this has given us a sense of confidence with our growth and innovation plans,” said Stolen's co-founder & CEO Jamie Duff.
The company has seen a 178% rise in case sales in 2012 year-on-year and is forecasting 208% growth in 2013. Volume figures were not given.
Steve Inch, Beam Oceania's MD said: “Adding a premium rum brand to our portfolio is a strategic move for Beam and for our strong partnership with CCA.”
All three Stolen Rum products are currently available for a RRP of AUD42.99 (US$40).
TCCC has made significant changes in its bottling operations, which is highlighted in its re-franchising in the NA bottling operations and the birth of the new CCE in WE. Coca-Cola FEMSA’s string of a...
Business Monitor International's Australia Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory...
Business Monitor International's Indonesia Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during February 2014....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research