UK: Stock Spirits appoints regional head in Europe
Stock Spirits has appointed a new regional manager in central and south-eastern Europe.
The UK-based company, which operates primarily in Eastern Europe, said yesterday (1 September) that Dario Covic will assumed the newly-created role, covering operations in Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Albania, Bulgaria and Austria.
Covic joins Stock Spirits from Croatian food company Ledo, where he had been international operations director. He will be based in Zagreb and will report to company managing director, Tony Roberts.
Earlier this year, Stock Spirits posted a healthy lift in sales and operating profits for 2008.
Backed by Oaktree Capital, Stock was created through the integration of Stock and Polish spirits company Polmos Lublin in 2007.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"