UK: Stella to launch in PET
Interbrew is to launch Stella Artois in a PET bottle in the UK on-trade, the company said today, in response to the possible imposition of a glass ban by local authorities.
The new arrival replicates the look, feel and size of the current 330ml glass bottle for the brand.
Mike Lees, managing director of Tennent Caledonian Breweries, said: "Stella Artois is the most popular premium lager brand - so there is a need to make it available in every format that is available including PET.
"This is particularly important now, at a time when a growing number of local authorities are imposing restrictions on the use of glass in licensed premises.
"It will also help to increase the availability of the brand at key events such as outdoor festivals and sporting occasions where the use of glass packaging is limited by the nature of the outdoor location."
Lees added: "Our research shows that glass wins over plastic every time. However, if the choice is between a plastic pint pot or a plastic bottle, consumers overwhelmingly prefer the latter option."
The bottle is available in a 24-bottle carton and will be available from March 1st.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends