UK: Stella - 4m pints better off from distribution drive
According to company estimates, the distribution push will generate extra business of more than 14,000 barrels over the next 12 months.
Allan Tudor, on-trade sales director at Interbrew UK said: "We are delighted with the response from free traders which illustrates the fact that more retailers now appreciate the commercial sense of stocking Stella Artois.
"The fact is that Stella Artois is an absolute imperative for those accounts which are free to choose. This distribution drive has emphasised that and the positive response shows that many retailers have now taken the message on board."
The push, which took place during March and April 2001, included a direct mail campaign to thousands of non-stockists; a telemarketing campaign and sales force activity, targeting thousands of suitable outlets nationwide.
According to Interbrew UK the initiative delivered more than 300 new accounts in the independent free trade, 600 plus new distribution points and more than 400 product placements for other brands within the Interbrew UK portfolio including Boddingtons.
"Despite the gains made during this drive, draught distribution in the free trade lags well behind the market as a whole and we are committed to addressing that issue in the future," adds Tudor.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015