NZ: Steinlager puts 2010 cap on All Blacks deal
Lion Nathan has reportedly extended Steinlager's sponsorship of the New Zealand rugby union team until 2010 but will step down as a major sponsor in 2008.
Steinlager has agreed to step down earlier if necessary, allowing a new major sponsor to take the All Blacks on board for the 2007 Rugby World Cup.
The brand became a lead sponsor in 2003, meaning Steinlager was integrated onto all non-playing apparel worn by the All Blacks, and has been affiliated with the team for 20 years.
Lion Nathan New Zealand managing director Peter Kean told New Zealand Newswires that Steinlager had seen solid growth during its association with the All Blacks.
He said: "Steinlager remains an unconditional supporter of the All Blacks and the decision to step aside as major pponsor allows the NZRU to pursue a strategic direction for increased brand presence of the All Blacks in Europe and Asia."
Australian beer and wine group Lion Nathan is expected to announce a move into ready-to-drink spirits next week. David Robertson assesses the options available to Lion as it seeks to emulate the succe...
A fresh name has entered the race for Independent Liquor with Singapore-based Asia Pacific Breweries applying to study the books of the New Zealand spirits group....
Australia's competition watchdog has reportedly given Lion Nathan the green light to proceed with a full bid for New Zealand's Independent Liquor....
Bacardi has promoted its UK marketing director to the role of global brand director for Bombay Sapphire gin....
Diageo has formally registered its interest in New Zealand's Independent Liquor....
Australian consumers will spend over A$23m (US$17.4m) on alcohol this year, with Shiraz and Sauvignon Blanc gaining in popularity, according to local industry analysts....
Diageo will next week register its interest in Independent Liquor with Australia's competition watchdog, just-drinks understands....
Diageo is mulling whether to enter the race to buy New Zealand-based spirits group Independent Liquor, just-drinks understands....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future