NEW ZEALAND: Steinlager Premium launched to capture NZ's top-end market
Steinlager, New Zealand's biggest export beer, is going upmarket next week with the launch of a new premier brand.The official unveiling is on Tuesday (11 July) in Auckland and just-drinks.com understands that the new product will be called Steinlager Premium.Steinlager is made by Lion Breweries, the Kiwi division of Lion Nathan. Steinlager is one of the few non-imported premium beers in New Zealand and accounts for over 90% of the country's beer exports.The brand has high profile sponsorship deals with both the rugby All Blacks and New Zealand's winning America's Cup crew.The new Premium brand is thought to be an attempt by Lion to recapture the growing top-end market in New Zealand.Lion is unable to comment on the launch until next week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends