NEW ZEALAND: Steinlager Premium launched to capture NZ's top-end market
Steinlager, New Zealand's biggest export beer, is going upmarket next week with the launch of a new premier brand.The official unveiling is on Tuesday (11 July) in Auckland and just-drinks.com understands that the new product will be called Steinlager Premium.Steinlager is made by Lion Breweries, the Kiwi division of Lion Nathan. Steinlager is one of the few non-imported premium beers in New Zealand and accounts for over 90% of the country's beer exports.The brand has high profile sponsorship deals with both the rugby All Blacks and New Zealand's winning America's Cup crew.The new Premium brand is thought to be an attempt by Lion to recapture the growing top-end market in New Zealand.Lion is unable to comment on the launch until next week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future