NEW ZEALAND: Steinlager Premium launched to capture NZ's top-end market
Steinlager, New Zealand's biggest export beer, is going upmarket next week with the launch of a new premier brand.The official unveiling is on Tuesday (11 July) in Auckland and just-drinks.com understands that the new product will be called Steinlager Premium.Steinlager is made by Lion Breweries, the Kiwi division of Lion Nathan. Steinlager is one of the few non-imported premium beers in New Zealand and accounts for over 90% of the country's beer exports.The brand has high profile sponsorship deals with both the rugby All Blacks and New Zealand's winning America's Cup crew.The new Premium brand is thought to be an attempt by Lion to recapture the growing top-end market in New Zealand.Lion is unable to comment on the launch until next week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch