SOUTH AFRICA: Steenberg Vineyards and hotel sold.
One of South Africa's oldest wineries, including a country hotel and elite restaurant, has been sold for an undisclosed amount to a hotel and resort company that has been managing it for the past five years. Steenberg Vineyards, in the Constantia valley on the Cape Peninsula, is on 80 hectares, of which about 60 are under vine. It is reported to have an annual production of around 40,000 cases of wine from about 500 tonnes of grapes. It also presses about 200 tons of grapes making about 22,000 cases of wine for neighbouring wine producer Constantia Uitsig,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends