SPAIN: Steady growth in wine exports
Spanish wine exports for the first five months of this rose slightly, according to figures released this week. The Spanish Wine Federation said that exports for January to May this year rose by 2.2% year-on-year, totalling €560.7m (US$688m).
In terms of volume, wine exports increased by 15.4% to 583.85m litres, although the average price per litre fell by 11.4% to €0.97.
Spanish table wines registered the highest increase in sales abroad, rising by 23.8% in value and 31% in volume. Of these, bottled table wine exports rose by 9% in value and 3.3% in volume, while bulk table wine exports increased by 33.9% in value and 40% in volume.
Exports of wines with protected designation of origin (PDO) fell, however, by 2.7% in value and 8.3% in volume, while sparkling wine exports also dropped, by 5% in value and 3.2% in volume.
Spanish wine exports to France rose by 23.6% in value and 42.7% in volume for the five-month-period, while wine exports to Germany went up by 4.7% in value and 33.9% in volume. France and Germany were the main bulk table wine exports destination, taking 53.6% of the total.
FEV reported an increase in Spanish wine exports to the USA, rising by 13% in value and 21.7% in volume.
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Heineken unveils global Desperados push
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014