US: Ste Michelle Wine Estates acquires O Wines
Ste Michelle Wine Estates has bought the Washington-based O Wines brand with plans to release it nationally.
Ste Michelle, also based in Washington state, hopes to add a red wine to O Wines' existing Chardonnay portfolio, the company announced yesterday (11 September).
“We have admired O Wines for a number of years and how they have helped young people attend college,” president & CEO of Ste Michelle Ted Baseler said. “The brand’s mission is well-matched with our culture of supporting the community and student scholarships so this brand is a natural fit for us.”
O Wines sells its Chardonnay in the Northwest and several West Coast markets in the US, Ste Michelle said.
In July, Ste Michelle signed a deal with Southern Wine & Spirits of America to distribute its wines in Minnesota.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages