FRANCE: Start a blog, get free wine
French bloggers are being offered free wine by the Bordeaux Wine Union, in return for their comments.
Three bottles of wine are given away each month to 15 people living in France, although bottles have been sent to Belgium, the Bordeaux Union said today (9 November).
The idea is to get in touch with a younger market, and let them express their feelings, said Veronique Dhuit of Vintempo, the agency who came up with the idea.
The project is similar to that of South African winery, Stormhoek, which claimed earlier this year to have doubled sales by giving wine to bloggers.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015