FRANCE: Start a blog, get free wine
French bloggers are being offered free wine by the Bordeaux Wine Union, in return for their comments.
Three bottles of wine are given away each month to 15 people living in France, although bottles have been sent to Belgium, the Bordeaux Union said today (9 November).
The idea is to get in touch with a younger market, and let them express their feelings, said Veronique Dhuit of Vintempo, the agency who came up with the idea.
The project is similar to that of South African winery, Stormhoek, which claimed earlier this year to have doubled sales by giving wine to bloggers.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research