FRANCE: Start a blog, get free wine
French bloggers are being offered free wine by the Bordeaux Wine Union, in return for their comments.
Three bottles of wine are given away each month to 15 people living in France, although bottles have been sent to Belgium, the Bordeaux Union said today (9 November).
The idea is to get in touch with a younger market, and let them express their feelings, said Veronique Dhuit of Vintempo, the agency who came up with the idea.
The project is similar to that of South African winery, Stormhoek, which claimed earlier this year to have doubled sales by giving wine to bloggers.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- just The Preview - Heineken's H1 & Q2
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat