US: Starbucks wakes up and smells the pomegranate
Starbucks is launching two additions to its Frappuccino blended beverage tea range.
The coffee shop company said yesterday (27 June) that it will release Pomegranate and Tangerine Frappuccino juice blends into the US market this summer.
"Just as The Wall Street Journal recently heralded pomegranate as one of the new 'it' flavours in the food industry, we like to think of it as a flavour our customers will love to discover," Michelle Gass, senior vice president of Starbucks category management said. "By introducing an intriguing flavour at its cultural and culinary tipping point, we're confident Starbucks customers are going to make the Pomegranate Frappuccino juice blend the 'it' drink of summer."
Starbucks is also introducing Iced Cafe con Leche, made with Starbucks Terraza Blend coffee, syrup and touch of whole milk. The company started serving its new Terraza Blend iced coffee brand last month and is selling 16oz and 8oz packs in stores until 28 August.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014