USA: Starbucks, The New York Times Form Strategic Relationship
Starbucks Coffee Company (Nasdaq:SBUX), the leading retailer, roaster and brand of specialty coffee in the world, and The New York Times, one of the world's most widely read and respected newspapers, announced today a strategic alliance that leverages Starbucks retail strength with The New York Times's strong national presence. Under this three-year agreement between two of the most well-known and respected brands in the world, The New York Times will use its national advertising resources to promote Starbucks products and retail locations as a destination for readers. Although other newspapers will continue to be offered to meet local demand, The New York Times will be the only national newspaper sold across Starbucks extensive network of company-owned locations in the United States. The New York Times's presence in Starbucks stores across the country will make a significant contribution to the newspaper's national expansion by improving availability for the 11 million customers who visit Starbucks stores weekly. The agreement is effective October 1, 2000. This alliance will enhance Starbucks customers' in-store experiences, increase availability of The New York Times and promote the Starbucks and New York Times brands. The partnership will heighten customer service and convenience in the following ways:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018