USA: Starbucks Reports Strong May Revenues
For the 34 weeks ended May 28, 2000, consolidated net revenues were $1.4 billion, an increase of 32 percent from consolidated net revenues of $1.0 billion for the same period in fiscal 1999. Comparable store sales increased 9 percent for the 34-week period ended May 28, 2000, as compared to the same 34-week period in fiscal 1999.
Stores opened during
the 34 weeks ended Stores open as of
May 28, 2000 May 28, 2000
Continental North America:
Company-Operated Stores 261 2,292
Licensed Stores 190 365
Company-Operated U.K. Stores 38 132
Licensed Stores 112 292
Total 601 3,081
Starbucks Coffee Company is the leading retailer, roaster and brand of specialty coffee in the world. In addition to its more than 3,000 retail locations in North America, the United Kingdom, the Pacific Rim and the Middle East, Starbucks sells coffee and tea products through its specialty operations, including its online store at starbucks.com. Additionally Starbucks produces and sells bottled Frappuccino coffee drink and a line of superpremium ice creams through its joint venture partnerships and offers a line of innovative premium teas produced by its wholly owned subsidiary, Tazo Tea Company.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview