US: Starbucks, PepsiCo rumours lead to share rise
Starbucks' shares have risen following rumours that it is looking to expand its partnership with PepsiCo.
Shares in the coffee shop chain rose 4.6% yesterday (19 July) despite both Starbucks and PepsiCo denying plans to change their relationship.
PepsiCo handles the retail distribution of Starbucks' bottled Frappuccinos in the US.
A spokesperson from Starbucks said: "We aren't in the process of making any changes to the relationship." PepsiCo has also said that there were currently no plans to change that relationship.
Starbucks is due to release its third-quarter earnings in August, which explains its current positioning, according to equity options analysts.
The Christmas season may be a time notorious for over-indulgence, but soft drinks companies see it as a key period for adult soft drinks, where the emphasis is increasingly on healthy offerings. Annet...
A group of 11 major food and drinks companies have launched a new self-regulatory initiative in Europe under which they will voluntary make changes to how and what they advertise directly to children....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Cobra Beer has announced its first ever brewery acquisition....
Naked Juice Co. has signed a multi-year distribution agreement with the Starbucks Coffee Co. to serve four of its Naked Juice drinks in 7,000 of its coffee houses across the US....
RTD coffee producers are broadening consumption opportunities for their products in a move to overcome the perception that coffee is unhealthy, according to an industry report....
Pepsi Cola Products Philippines (PCPP) has lowered the price range for next month's IPO....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has seen volumes in 2007 rise on the year before...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends