USA: Starbucks Named One of the Most Valuable Brands in the World
The Interbrand survey is now in its second year and was developed to help global companies and investors quantify and track the contribution that their brands make to their business. The findings of the survey were released on July 18.
"It is quite an honor for Starbucks to be included on the list with some of the world's best known brands," said Howard Schultz, chairman and chief global strategist of Starbucks Coffee Company. "This recognition underscores the rapidly growing appeal and status of the Starbucks brand in the global marketplace. As we are still in the very early days of our growth, it is very gratifying for us to receive the industry's respect and recognition."
Last month, Starbucks topped the rankings as the most preferred restaurant chain in Tokyo, Japan, in an industry survey by Nikkei Restaurant, one of Japan's most far-reaching and highly respected food service industry publications. The survey also ranked Starbucks as number one for customer service, store design and cleanliness.
In a recent book published by Interbrand, Starbucks was highlighted as one of the 25 great brands in the next 25 years. In the book, Twenty-Five Visions: The Future of Brands, Starbucks received multiple mentions by international business visionaries for being both a strong brand and a future great brand.
"These worldwide accolades highlight the overwhelming positive reception of the Starbucks brand on the global stage, " said Schultz. "We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming an enduring global brand."
Starbucks Coffee Company is the leading retailer, roaster and brand of specialty coffee in the world. In addition to its retail locations in North America, the United Kingdom, the Pacific Rim and the Middle East, Starbucks sells coffee and tea products through its specialty operations, including its online store at Starbucks.com. Additionally Starbucks produces and sells bottled Frappuccino® coffee drink and a line of superpremium ice creams through its joint venture partnerships and offers a line of innovative premium teas produced by its wholly owned subsidiary, Tazo Tea Company.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research