US: Starbucks launches limited-edition range
Starbucks is launching a new line of rare coffees, to be marketed as the Starbucks Limited Reserve range, in the US.
Each range will include one coffee from Latin America, one from Africa/Arabia and one from Asia Pacific, with a 10oz bag selling for around US$9.99.
The first range of rare coffees, comprising a Colombian blend called Coupage del Sol, another blend from Africa's Rift Valley in Central Africa and a full-flavoured coffee from Papua New Guinea, will be available nationwide in stores where Starbucks sells packaged coffees and foods, through the autumn and winter.
"For the last ten years, Starbucks has provided consumers who buy their coffee with their other groceries a chance to experience a great cup of Starbucks coffee at home," said Gerry Lopez, president of Starbucks Global Consumer Products Group. "The Starbucks Limited Reserve line will elevate the at-home coffee experience even more."
Starbucks plans to change the Limited Reserve line-up about every three months.
The company is also adding two mild coffees to its packaged range this autumn, the Daily Horizons Blend and the Half Caffeinated Breakfast Blend.
In a further new product innovation, Starbucks is rolling out a line of dark chocolate bottled Frappuccino coffee drinks. The first of these, Starbucks Dark Chocolate Peppermint Mocha, will be available for a limited period from this autumn through to the holiday season.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future