EUROPE: StarBev to put Molson Coors back on track - analyst
Molson Coors completed its StarBev buy last year
Molson Coors' StarBev division will boost the company's growth in Europe as tough conditions in the UK continue, according to an analyst.
Coors paid EUR2.65bn(US$3.54bn) for Starbev in June, with the Czech maker of Staropramen helping the company post a 30% surge in Q3 volumes. “Although fundamentals in the UK remain tough, we continue to have confidence in top-line growth in the newly-acquired Central Europe division,” Nomura said today (11 January).
A planned consolidation of StarBev with its UK & Ireland operations, announced in October, “should support our group cost-cutting targets”, the analyst added.
Input costs for this year should lessen as barley prices remain flat or dip down, Nomura said. “At the very least, this should allow higher pricing in the US and Canada to benefit margins,” it said.
Yesterday, another analyst said the US beer market will avoid being the “next Europe” as the country enjoys an employment-led rebound.
This "value set" report combines Beer in the U.S., Imported Beer and Specialty Beer and Microbrewery Markets to create the most exhaustive study of the U.S. beer market available. An $18,000+ value th...
The world's biggest brewers have teamed up to launch a campaign in the UK that aims to get drinkers in the country to go back to beer....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research