CZECH/UK: StarBev takes Staropramen from Anheuser-Busch InBev, gives to Carlsberg
Carlsberg will take control of Staropramen in the UK from Anheuser-Busch InBev next month
The company, which came about when private equity group CVC Capital acquired a slew of A-B InBev's Eastern European brewing assets in 2009, announced the change today (21 July). Carlsberg will take over the importation, marketing and distribution of the Czech lager brand from 14 August.
Alain Beyens, formerly of A-B InBev but now Starbev's CEO, said: “Our partnership with Carlsberg UK is a strategic one and is meant to add significantly to the international development of Staropramen. We look forward to working together with our UK partner to this end."
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for A-B InBev UK said the decision was “mutually agreed”.
“This decision gives us the opportunity to focus on our wholly-owned brands that include Stella Artois, Budweiser and Beck’s,” the spokesperson added. “We are proud to have distributed the Staropramen brand in the UK and wish StarBev the best of luck with their new distribution arrangement.”
I can't help but feel slightly bemused by the furore surrounding a report that Anheuser-Busch InBev paid a communications agency to change details on a Wikipedia page for one of its brands....
Rémy Sharps is the new commercial director of Carlsberg's Kronenbourg subsidiary....
Craft Brewers Alliance has reaffirmed its full-year guidance for 2011....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages