CHILE: Stake sale boosts CCU profits
For the nine months to the end of September, CCU's net profits rose to CLP95.29bn (US$174.5m), compared to CLP62.86bn during the same period a year earlier.
Net sales reached CLP544.98bn, a 14.3% increase on the comparable period of the prior year.
Operating income for the nine months increased by 15.5% to reach CLP93.18bn.
"We are pleased with CCU's third quarter results which are better than last year,
despite the relentless consumption slow down coupled with an average weaker
Chilean peso as compared to 2008, both being significant variables for our
business," the company said.
Beer sales in Chile increased 0.7% to CLP56.4m, as a result of 6.1% higher
average prices, partially compensated by 4.7% lower sales volumes.
In Argentina, sales increased 0.6%, due to a higher average price of 6.3%, volumes
0.1% higher but 50% lower income from related exports.
CCU's H1 profit rose 35% in August.
Nestle workers across the UK are being balloted on industrial action over an alleged pay freeze....
Nestle Pure Life has announced a four-year partnership with Keep America Beautiful that includes national sponsorship of its marketing event, the 2010 Great American Cleanup....
Price rises boosted beer sales at Chile's Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) in 2009, with profits lifted by gains from a deal with Nestle Waters....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch